Archive for caithnessnotorg The Antidote to 'e' org
 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

       caithnessnotorg Forum Index -> Ducati's Drag Strip
ducati

Cooless

How to remove the cool from two vehicles;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/landjag...obiles_UK&hash=item3f40e3d55c
susie

Oh no!
How can you ruin my day by shocking me half to death with that monstrosity? What sad twat will actually buy it?
Terrible, really really terrible Sad
mrsbradey

Agreed, quite the turn off!

reminds me of someone I knew long back, who put a MK3 cortina estate body on an Austin Gypsy chassis!!

At the time I thought it was great, but on reflection it was naff, but mainly due to the fact it was botched together!! Rolling Eyes
mrsbradey

Is this the most uncool production car, or do you know different?


cait

those things were the stuff of legend when i lived in canada. most of them were long gone, but people spoke of them as if they were still around in numbers.

a friend had one. it was years old, i don't know how she kept it going.
ducati

mrsbradey wrote:
Is this the most uncool production car, or do you know different?




I don't know about cool but they are fetching real money in the states just now.
cait

cait wrote:
those things were the stuff of legend when i lived in canada. most of them were long gone, but people spoke of them as if they were still around in numbers.

a friend had one. it was years old, i don't know how she kept it going.

this post was about the pacer. i didn't make it clear.
Jax

Looks like it would make a good green house  Very Happy
mrsbradey

ducati wrote:
mrsbradey wrote:
Is this the most uncool production car, or do you know different?




I don't know about cool but they are fetching real money in the states just now.


Apparently they were only made for three years between 75 ~ 78 so there is probably becoming a shortage now, just like BL Allegro over here !!!
RagnarRocks

All the allegros have probably rusted to death now !
mrsbradey

RagnarRocks wrote:
All the allegros have probably rusted to death now !


Or been killed by TopGearTM along with all the Marinas!!
cait

mrsbradey wrote:
Apparently they were only made for three years between 75 ~ 78 so there is probably becoming a shortage now, just like BL Allegro over here !!!
i was there a loong time after that, yet there were still a few on the streets. odd.  Confused
mrsbradey

cait wrote:
mrsbradey wrote:
Apparently they were only made for three years between 75 ~ 78 so there is probably becoming a shortage now, just like BL Allegro over here !!!
i was there a loong time after that, yet there were still a few on the streets. odd.  Confused


I've never seen one in the flesh, so to speak!!!
MI16

I hope the jag had been rear ended hence only fit for such a contraption.
If not the builder should be rear ended with a broken pool cue
ducati

RagnarRocks wrote:
All the allegros have probably rusted to death now !


'Frade not.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-...obiles_UK&hash=item27eca93266

This one has undergone a 'full nuts and bolts restoration' The question is..Why?
ducati

When my sister came to me for advice on what to buy for her first car, we discussed numerous options for a small practical runabout. My very last words to her were; whatever you do, don't buy an Allegro.

Guess what? Shocked
susie

There's the rub ducati, we all remember the last word!

I was unfortunate enough to have an Allegro once. Doesn't allegro mean fast or sprightly in Italian? Well this nasty green car wasn't remotel fast. Oh, that's a fib! It did do one thing ver quickly....rust!
I used to go from here to Wick every day in it, a boring, long-winded job to be sure.
It broke down in the car park in Thurso harbour one day. It was there for months and then disappeared. Best way to get rid of a car in the old days!
mrsbradey

ducati wrote:
RagnarRocks wrote:
All the allegros have probably rusted to death now !


'Frade not.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-...obiles_UK&hash=item27eca93266

This one has undergone a 'full nuts and bolts restoration' The question is..Why?


A teacher at our school had one identical to that, same colour and everything, was a bit older though!!!
mrsbradey

susie wrote:
There's the rub ducati, we all remember the last word!

I was unfortunate enough to have an Allegro once. Doesn't allegro mean fast or sprightly in Italian? Well this nasty green car wasn't remotel fast. Oh, that's a fib! It did do one thing ver quickly....rust!
I used to go from here to Wick every day in it, a boring, long-winded job to be sure.
It broke down in the car park in Thurso harbour one day. It was there for months and then disappeared. Best way to get rid of a car in the old days!


Thats a good way to get rid indeed, in four months in sea spray there would only be the tyres left, these could be swiftly attached to the harbour wall as fenders. Perfect recycling if you ask me!!

It wasn't just the wee Allegro that was green, eh susie!!
Mike

Wasn't it one of those cars in 'Wayne's World' when they did the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thing ?
mrsbradey

Mike wrote:
Wasn't it one of those cars in 'Wayne's World' when they did the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thing ?


Indeed it was, that did little toward making it cooler though!!   Cool
mrsbradey

This one featured in 'Breaking Bad', which equally did nothing for it!!


Mike

mrsbradey wrote:
Mike wrote:
Wasn't it one of those cars in 'Wayne's World' when they did the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thing ?


Indeed it was, that did little toward making it cooler though!!   Cool


I disagree, at the time my friends and I thought Waynes World to be an excellent movie and the car only added to it.

Party on Wayne.

Party on Garth...
mrsbradey

Mike wrote:
mrsbradey wrote:
Mike wrote:
Wasn't it one of those cars in 'Wayne's World' when they did the 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thing ?


Indeed it was, that did little toward making it cooler though!!   Cool


I disagree, at the time my friends and I thought Waynes World to be an excellent movie and the car only added to it.

Party on Wayne.

Party on Garth...

I agree, but that does not make the car cool, in fact the car not being cool was probably why it was selected, same with the Pontiac Aztec and its selection for Breaking Bad due to its naffness!!!

       caithnessnotorg Forum Index -> Ducati's Drag Strip
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum