caithnessnotorg Forum Index caithnessnotorg
The Antidote to 'e' org
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teen tells of beach party 'strangling'
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    caithnessnotorg Forum Index -> Local News for Local People
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Mr P Cannop



Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Posts: 45


Location: Caithness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Teen tells of beach party 'strangling'  Reply with quote

Teen tells of beach party 'strangling'
The jury trial is being heard at Wick Sheriff Court.

A TEENAGER has told a jury how a 21-year-old Caithness man tried to strangle her when she was at a beach party in Castletown.

Kelsey Johnson (17) who lives in the Thurso area. said Gary Gallacher started pulling her hair, shoved her face in the sand and put his hands round her neck.

“He started strangling me. He was on top of me and had his two hands around my neck and was putting his body weight on his two hands,” she told Wick Sheriff Court.

“I was going dizzy,” she said. A friend intervened and tried to get Gallacher off. Miss Johnson tried to lift herself up but said she was then punched in the face and was knocked out. “The next I knew I was waking up in a tent,” she said. She sustained cuts and bruises, a swollen black eye and a blood clot in the eye. Miss Johnson received medical attention for her injuries.

She had been with a group of friends at a beach party in Castletown on June 7 when the alleged incident occurred. Another group of people were also having a party on the beach and problems began when they got together, she said.

Miss Johnston said members of the other group were being confrontational. She took issue with a 15-year-old about his behaviour but he told her to shut up and shoved her. She shoved him back and after that Gallacher came up and started pulling her hair, she said.

Gallacher, described as a prisoner at Perth, and the 15-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons, deny assaulting Miss Johnson, punching her repeatedly to the head, forcing sand into her mouth, putting their hands over her throat and choking her to her injury and danger of life.

The trial before, Sheriff Andrew Berry, resumes on Wednesday morning.

With kind permission from the john o groat journal web site

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/Home/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ducati



Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 598


Location: Caithness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god! If I wanted to read the local rag I would.  Mad
_________________
Too fast to live, too young to er..haud on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
susie



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Posts: 1359



PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducati wrote:
Oh god! If I wanted to read the local rag I would.  Mad

Yes Ducati, I agree with you 100%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr P Cannop



Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Posts: 45


Location: Caithness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if thats the case

mod remove my post again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RagnarRocks
Guest







PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr P Cannop wrote:
if thats the case

mod remove my post again


We haven't got any mods only rockers unfortunately the last mod had his parka daubed with paint and moped stolen  Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Mr P Cannop



Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Posts: 45


Location: Caithness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just trying to give you all local news

but i keep on getting shot down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
susie



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Posts: 1359



PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Cannop, why not try some local gossip that isn't in the paper, you know we soak up that sort of stuff by the gallon. Might be an idea to substitute names though, you know what the locals are like,(nudge, nudge, wink, wink ).Don't give up, persevere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RagnarRocks
Guest







PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr P Cannop wrote:
just trying to give you all local news

but i keep on getting shot down


Not shooting you down trying to keep you out of trouble  Very Happy
Back to top
susie



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Posts: 1359



PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RagnarRocks wrote:
Mr P Cannop wrote:
just trying to give you all local news

but i keep on getting shot down


Not shooting you down trying to keep you out of trouble  Very Happy

You know Mr Rocks, the more I see of you on here, the more I like the cut of your gib. A fine fellow indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrsbradey



Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 1538



PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

susie wrote:
RagnarRocks wrote:
Mr P Cannop wrote:
just trying to give you all local news

but i keep on getting shot down


Not shooting you down trying to keep you out of trouble  Very Happy

You know Mr Rocks, the more I see of you on here, the more I like the cut of your gib. A fine fellow indeed.


Oooh! Careful he'll be all -  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed might start a fire in't Rocks 'ouse!!
_________________
Still banned!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PleaseRemove
Guest







PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Please can you remove this Reply with quote

Hello,

I am just wondering if somebody from this forum could remove this post please. If you are able to do that Paul then it would be much appreciated.

I was unanimously found not guilty by a jury of 14 people regarding this case and the 4 months in remand have already been damaging enough on my life. I am a university student and I am aware of the importance of how our presence online can have an effect on things like getting a job.

I would really respect if you took this article down.

Regards,
Gary
Back to top
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 78



PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for joining our forum, as this is a forum based on the concept of 'freedom of speech', we feel the removal of this post would be counter to this concept.

Unfortunately you were local news, we are happy you were found NOT GUILTY!

Feel free to tell your side of events here, as I'm sure many would like to hear it.

Admin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PleaseRemove
Guest







PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only joined the forum to request that the post be removed...

I am not going to add fuel to the fire by commenting my opinion on the situation on a public profile. Too many small minded people in Caithness and this is clearly reflected in the admins reply of  'freedom of speech' !!! I hope all you tax payers (that's if you actually work) are happy at the tens of thousands of pounds wasted on keeping me in prison, etc. Chances are it will be even more expense on the tax payers money when I never get a job because of the situation... Especially if I am stuck in Caithness.

Hope you all have a wonderful life and such unfortunate circumstances never happen to you. At the end of the day you never know what's round the corner. Trust nobody in this world.

Regards,
Gary
Back to top
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 78



PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PleaseRemove wrote:
I only joined the forum to request that the post be removed...

I am not going to add fuel to the fire by commenting my opinion on the situation on a public profile. Too many small minded people in Caithness and this is clearly reflected in the admins reply of  'freedom of speech' !!! I hope all you tax payers (that's if you actually work) are happy at the tens of thousands of pounds wasted on keeping me in prison, etc. Chances are it will be even more expense on the tax payers money when I never get a job because of the situation... Especially if I am stuck in Caithness.

Hope you all have a wonderful life and such unfortunate circumstances never happen to you. At the end of the day you never know what's round the corner. Trust nobody in this world.

Regards,
Gary


It is because of the small & narrow minded of caithness, that this forum was born.
Shit things happen to people, that's life!

Your bracketed comment, "(that's if you actually work)", is a perfect example of narrow mindedness.

If you let it stop you getting a job, that will be your doing, rise above!

Admin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mrsbradey



Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 1538



PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millions of pounds every year is wasted keeping innocent people in jail, you should think yourself lucky that you received a Not Guilty verdict, as many innocent people do serious time!

However with your story, I believed you innocent from the start.
You should try and use this experience to your advantage, not hide it away ashamedly, after all,  you have Nothing to be ashamed of have you!!

I have been the innocent accused, I know how it feels!!
_________________
Still banned!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RagnarRocks
Guest







PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be much more worried about the other org which still,has the whole thing sitting there for all to read than this dark wee corner of the web. I doubt you'd get very far  getting something which is now a matter of public record expunged from the entire web.
Back to top
SleveranGeordie
Guest







PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Please can you remove this Reply with quote

PleaseRemove wrote:
Hello,

I am just wondering if somebody from this forum could remove this post please. If you are able to do that Paul then it would be much appreciated.

I was unanimously found not guilty by a jury of 14 people regarding this case and the 4 months in remand have already been damaging enough on my life. I am a university student and I am aware of the importance of how our presence online can have an effect on things like getting a job.

I would really respect if you took this article down.

Regards,
Gary


No smoke without fire.
Back to top
fred



Joined: 12 Sep 2014
Posts: 75



PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Please can you remove this Reply with quote

SleveranGeordie wrote:

No smoke without fire.


So how do them E-Cigarettes work then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SleveranGeordie
Guest







PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Please can you remove this Reply with quote

fred wrote:

So how do them E-Cigarettes work then?


That's not smoke, it's vapour.
Back to top
mrsbradey



Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 1538



PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK slev,

Explain the smoke from my tyres when i skid or spin my wheels!!

Wink


_________________
Still banned!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    caithnessnotorg Forum Index -> Local News for Local People All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum